We have to confess something: That is a blog post title we could have never anticipated. But COVID-19 has certainly turned the world upside down, hasn’t it? We realize this is temporary: the stay-home orders, the daily press conferences, the teleconferencing and social distancing. Eventually, the virus will be under control and we won’t have to second-guess if we really need to run to the store. But the financial and social effects will linger for… well… for who knows how long. If you’re like us, it’s the uncertainty that’s most troubling. How much longer will this “new normal” last? Still, one of the weirdest parts of all of this is how much actually hasn’t changed. Our family still expects breakfast. Our neighbors’ dogs are still annoying. And we still have some of the day-to-day “stuff” of homeownership to deal with—like our HVAC system. Given that we’re supposed to be avoiding any unnecessary social contact for the next several weeks, we want you to be prepared if your HVAC system starts misbehaving and you need someone to help right away.
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Manchester HVAC Contractor During the Coronavirus PandemicIf you find yourself needing a Manchester HVAC contractor during COVID-19, ask these four questions before you decide whom to hire.
#1 What specific ways are they preventing the spread of COVID-19?Every HVAC contractor should be able to give you specifics about how they’ve stepped up their sanitation efforts. When you call around, don’t be shy about asking for all the nitty gritty details, including questions like:
- Are your technicians healthy? How do you know?
- In the past two weeks, has anyone on your team tested positive for COVID-19 or been in close contact with anyone who has?
- What measures are you taking to keep your equipment and supplies clean?
- Are your technicians expected to wear gloves, eye protection, and/or masks?
- When your technician arrives at my home, what exactly will they do to keep my family safe?
- Is it OK for me to ask the technician to wash their hands before and after touching anything in my home?
- Can I pay you without having to use your technician’s mobile device?