Ductless split system HVAC systems are becoming more and more popular due to their energy efficiency and convenience. But, like any other HVAC system, they need routine maintenance to keep them running smoothly and efficiently. This article will provide you with 10 tips on how to maintain your ductless split system HVAC for optimal performance in Bedford and Manchester, NH.
1) Check the air filters regularly – Regularly checking your air filters is a simple yet vital step to ensure that your ductless split system runs properly. Make sure to check them every month or so, and replace them as needed.
2) Clean the evaporator coil – The evaporator coil helps cool the air before it is circulated into your home or office space. To ensure proper airflow and efficient cooling, make sure to clean the coil regularly.
3) Inspect the outdoor unit – The outdoor unit should be inspected for any signs of wear and tear or damage at least twice a year. Make sure that no obstructions are blocking the air intake, and that all wiring is secure.
4) Check the fan belt – The fan belt helps keep the system running smoothly by providing power to all its components. It should be checked every few months for tears or fraying, and replaced as needed.
5) Ensure proper drainage – Your ductless split system should have a drain line installed to collect condensation from the evaporator coils during operation. This drain line needs to be clear of any clogs or obstructions.
6) Keep the exterior unit clean – Make sure to keep the outside of your unit free from dirt and debris. This way, it will have proper airflow and operate efficiently.
7) Exercise preventive maintenance – Have a certified HVAC professional inspect and maintain your ductless split system twice a year. They can check for any potential problems and make sure that everything is working properly.
8) Schedule annual tune-ups – To ensure that all components are running efficiently, schedule an annual tune-up with an experienced HVAC technician in Bedford or Manchester, NH. The technician can do preventative maintenance as well as address any issues that may arise during the inspection.
9) Utilize programmable thermostats – Using a programmable thermostat can help you save energy and money by allowing you to control the temperature of your home or office space remotely.
10) Make sure that all vents are clear – To maximize airflow, make sure that all air vents are free from any obstructions. This includes furniture, curtains, carpets, and other items that may impede the flow of air from the ductless split system HVAC unit.
Following these 10 tips will keep your ductless split system HVAC running optimally for years to come in Bedford, NH. However, if you find that your system is not operating properly or needs more extensive work than what is covered here, contact a qualified HVAC technician right away.
At LHR Plumbing & Heating, we specialize in all types of HVAC services and maintenance. We have been providing quality service to the Bedford and Manchester, NH area for several years and can help you with any of your ductless split systems needs. Contact us today at (603) 270-9224 for more information or to schedule an appointment!