Your home should be your sanctuary, a place to relax and respite from summer’s heat and humidity. Unfortunately, if your air conditioning system isn’t functioning correctly, it can cause temperatures to rise in certain rooms or even throughout your entire home. If you haven’t had an air conditioner tune-up recently, it’s important to recognize the signs that indicate you need one so you don’t continue to suffer in the sweltering summer heat. Here are five top signs that it’s time for an AC tune up.
- Your home isn’t as cool as it used to be: An increase in temperature within your home is one of the signs that you need a tune up. Over time, dust and dirt can build up in your air conditioning system, reducing efficiency and causing it to work harder than necessary. A tune up will help clear out any debris or blockage, allowing the system to run more smoothly and cool your home more effectively.
- Strange smells from your vents: If you notice strange smells coming from them, it could be a sign that your AC unit needs to be serviced. This could indicate mold or mildew is growing in the ducts and filters of your air conditioning system, which can cause odors and lead to respiratory problems if not addressed.
- Unusual noises: If your air conditioner is making strange noises, it’s a sign that something is off and needs to be addressed. Unusual sounds such as grinding, squeaking, or rattling can indicate problems with the fan motor or compressor and should be investigated by an AC technician.
- High energy bills: If your utility bill has been unusually high even though you aren’t using more power than usual, it could be a sign that your AC system isn’t running efficiently. A tune up can help identify the source of the problem and make any necessary repairs.
- Poor airflow: If you notice poor air flow coming from your vents or if some rooms in your home are cooler than others, this could also indicate an issue with your air conditioning system. A tune up can help determine the source of the problem and get your home back to a comfortable temperature.
Getting an AC tune up is essential for keeping your air conditioning system running efficiently throughout the summer months. If you recognize any of these five signs, it’s important to contact a professional technician who can identify and address any issues with your system. Don’t wait until the hottest day of the summer to get an AC tune up – be proactive and take care of it now!
If you need an air conditioner tune up, look no further than LHR Plumbing & Heating. Our experienced technicians can help determine any potential problems with your system and make repairs if necessary. Call us at (603) 270-9224!