When it comes to air conditioner repairs, myths and misconceptions abound. If you’re looking for accurate information about what may be wrong with your AC unit, it’s essential to separate fact and fiction. Here are the common myths related to AC repair in Bedford, NH, debunked to help you make the best decision to keep your home cool and comfortable.
- Air Conditioners Always Need Refrigerant: This myth likely comes from misunderstanding how air conditioners work. In truth, your AC unit should not need to be refilled with refrigerant unless it’s leaking or has been overcharged by an HVAC technician who didn’t follow the proper protocols.
- New Air Conditioners Don’t Need Maintenance: This is one of the most dangerous air conditioner repair myths to believe. Even brand-new AC units require regular maintenance to run properly and last longer. Routine checkups can help catch minor problems before they become big, expensive repairs.
- You Can Do Your Own Air Conditioning Repairs: While trying and repairing your air conditioner yourself may be tempting, a professional should do most repairs. Not only do HVAC technicians have the expertise and training necessary for proper air conditioner repairs, but many warranty cycles require that a licensed technician perform any repairs on the unit to keep the warranty valid.
- All Air Conditioners Are The Same: Air conditioners come in various shapes, sizes, and capacities to fit different spaces. When it comes to air conditioner repairs, you must find a technician who has experience with your air conditioner’s specific make and model.
- Repairs Are Expensive: While some air conditioning repairs may be costly, there are many factors to consider when determining the cost of a repair. For example, one-time or preventive maintenance services may be less expensive than larger repairs and can help keep your air conditioner running smoothly and efficiently for longer.
In addition to repair, AC installation in Manchester, NH, also requires the attention of a reliable HVAC technician. This way, you will get the best-in-class service.
If you are looking for AC replacement in Bedford, NH, contact LHR Plumbing & Heating at (603) 270-9224. Our team will help you receive the best service possible at competitive prices.
contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help keep your AC system running great all year round.